…I’m Lauren. You might find it useful to know a bit about me and my experience. My passion is providing evidence-based treatments to help people experiencing mental health problems.
I work with teenagers and adults from age 16 years. I offer therapy for a range of difficulties including depression, low self-esteem, panic attacks, social anxiety, generalised anxiety (problematic worry), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), health anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), habit disorders, hoarding and body dysmorphia.
I work with a number of healthcare providers and insurers including Bupa, AXA, Aviva and Rehab Works.
I worked in the NHS in a number of mental health roles from 2005 to 2019. I qualified as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist in 2010 and have full accreditation with the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies (BABCP). In addition to my clinical work, I am employed at the University of Chester as a Senior Lecturer in Psychology. In this role, I teach and supervise trainee Cognitive Behavioural Therapists. I have also worked as a Teaching Fellow at the University of Manchester.
As well as providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, I offer Cognitive Behavioural Analysis System of Psychotherapy (or CBASP for short). This is a therapy specifically developed to help people experiencing symptoms of chronic depression.
If you would like to know more about my experience, please see my LinkedIn page.
- MSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, University of Chester, 2014
- Masters Module in Core Clinical Supervision Skills, University of Chester, 2013
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies, University of Chester, 2010
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health, University of Manchester, 2009
- Postgraduate Certificate in Primary Mental Health Care, University of Manchester, 2006
- BSc Honours in Psychology, University of Manchester, 2004